Lodge Guest, Henry Jeries (aka James) Calmeyer
Name: Henry Jeries (aka James) Calmeyer
Current: Job / school: Session skate-/snowboard shop, my mom’s bar
Where are you from? Oslo, Norway
Where do you currently live? Oslo
Sponsors: Session, Hoax MFG and Navs hooks me up with Skeleton Key stuff
Years of skateboarding: This is my 8th year!
Board size: 8.8
Wheel size: 55-58mm
Trucks: Indy 159s
I change set up every: I guess I change my deck twice every three months or something, unless I break my board earlier, haha..
Current Board trend: I guess shaped boards have been a trend for a while. I’ve always like them more than popsicles though.
Please state your type of terrain on your board in %
(Skatepark) Flow Street: 15%
Vert: 20% (used to be a lot more before, but hasn’t been much lately)
Bowl: 25% (used to be more as well, but no one want to skate bowl anymore!!)
Your daily DAY by the hours, (or tell us about your longest day the last weeks)
– It actually depends a lot from day to day ha. Hmm, well here’s one of my longer “REGULAR” days:
07.00 – Sleep
08.00 – Wake up, shower and eat breakfast
09.00 – Bus to my job
10.00 – Work
17.00 – Bus back home
18.00 – Cook some food, after then I go out skating
19.00 – Skating
22.00 – Dinner
23.00 – Either I draw, watch skate videos, tv shows, hanging out with friends or play the guitar
24.00 – Same thing as above
02.00 – Same or listening to music
03.00 – Same
04.00 – Bed time
How are you doing at the moment?
– Actually, I think I’m doing really good! Like better than in a long while, even though there are some difficulties!
How is your body at the moment , (injuries, knees, and so so ) ?
– Just slammed the other day, so both my knees and wrists are kinda fucked up. Well, my wrists are always fucked, haha.
Please comment your feelings about Skateboarding in the
– Most inspirational decade of skateboarding to me for sure. Wish I was born and skating around then. So many fucken rad skateboarders from that time, so much style. I used to only watch all the old Vision, Santa Cruz, Bones Brigade videos and shit, before, I was only riding re-issues from the late 80’s at a point. Most of my trick bag are “stolen” from the 80s, ha!
Also a lot of rad skateboarders from that time! Shit I also love 90s skate videos a lot! I guess skateboarding was changing a lot at that point, the shapes, people/skateboarding became more technical, the clothes changed and whatnot. Shit I don’t know, didn’t skate during the 90s, I was just a little baby, ha.
Seems like skateboarding mostly turned away from the 80s style of skateboarding more and more around then, flips, spins and a lot of other stuff became more “important”, but still, a handful of people did both and kept it real AND technical (which is real as well, I’m an idiot haha).
Possibly the worst and the best time for skateboarding; I don’t think there’s been so many good skateboarders at one time EVER, so many different styles, “old school” skateboarding has made it’s return to a lot of people, both young and older, skateboarding/-boarders have never been this technical ever, and shit, so many good places to skate! The bad part about skateboarding nowadays, is definitely how corporate it’s become, how much it’s turning into an sport for a lot of people and how mainstream it’s become. I mean, skateboarding is for everyone, but still, it’s NOT for everyone. There’s a difference between being a skateboarder and just riding a skateboard in my opinion.
When I chill, I chill with,
– A lot of different people, man. Depends on the day, what I’m doing and shit. But lately I’ve been hanging out a lot with Adil, my childhood friend Antoman and my buddies William, Kasper +++
I’m have been on a mission lately in (with)
With myself, haha. Trying to get back into skating as much as before and maybe try and film some more stuff pretty soon.
Dream session would be,
That’s a hard question, wherever there’s a good session with good people; like Vert Attack! But hell, it would’ve been awesome to travel back in time to the 80s and get down on a session with everyone there.
Lately I have been working on,
Fs air disasters, trying to get back madonnas, been working on fs inverts forever now..
When I was little I would like to,
– I wanted to ride a skateboard for so long! Got a board for my 6th birthday, but had no one to teach me how, so it took me 7 years before I started, haha.
When im home I like to,
– Just chill, draw, listen to music, hang out, do some tattooing etc.
I normally call my homies for,
– Well, we have some different nicknames for each other some of us, but they’re too “offensive” to write down here haha.
Your homies are,
– Antoman, Adil, Amin, Kasper, Jeppe, Noah, Marcus, William, Sid, Ruben (sorry if I forget the rest of you, my memory sucks nowadays), all my buddies in the US; Pedro, Griffin, Kevin, Matt, Hunter, Dessie, Sky, Alex and so many more!!
I enjoy going to,
-The skatepark, punk shows, VERT ATTACK, different places to travel.
Favorite drink is,
Water and Dr. Pepper!
Favorite food is,
Falafel, manaesh, chana masala and much more.
– Good old anarcho punk, folk punk, but I enjoy a bunch of different shit as well!
– Scarface, Donnie Brasco, This is England.
– My buddy Antoman, Blaize Blouin (r.i.p), Allen Losi, Navs, Hewitt, my buddies Pedro and Griffin, Grosso, Jimmy Wilkins, Hunter, Nolan, shit everyone!!
Favorite skate film,
– Creature Hesh Law, H-Street Hokus Pokus, all the Anti Hero videos
Prince Park, Stapelbäddsparken, Marginal Way, Tasta skatepark
Butter bowl, Torshov, Zeuner’s ramp
Favorite woman / men (blond, fat, thin, big, small)
– Haha, depends on the girl, but definitely not fat (sorry)!
When I cook, I cook,
– Different vegetarian dishes, I love some Thai curry!
To go to resturant is,
I don’t really go to restaurants a lot, I don’t know.
To go to trick is,
– Smith grinds
To go to trick when you are farked is,
– Smith grinds, rock n rolls, fs grinds
To go to trick when you are winning is,
– I have no idea haha, depends!
TOP 3 Cities,
– Seattle, Malmö, San Diego
When I travel, I always bring,
Way too much clothes, haha! And usually my skateboard.
Best travel advice I can give is,
Visit Seattle if you haven’t been. And always have a plan.
Best life advise I can give is,
– Learn to love yourself, do whatever you’d like and surrender yourself with good people. Be yourself! (Working on all of these myself)
Best travel memory you want to share?
Probably not the “best”, but the most unforgettable! Me and Sky Siljeg were gonna drive from Seattle to LA for the Vans Pool Party, and visit a bunch of parks on our way down. So on our first day, we went to Portland, skated Burnside all day, hung out with Donovan in the evening and left around 10 pm. After we left, on the middle of the highway in Salem, OR, Sky’s car broke down and we were fucked. We rolled the car on the side of the road, and tried to sleep until the morning. An hour and half later, 12am, a police officer woke us up, checked or IDs and told us we had to call AAA. We got picked up at 3 FUCKIN am by the towing truck, by a man who’d be working for 20 hours straight. Sky passed out in the back right away, I was too scared to fall asleep, since the driver almost fell asleep plenty of times on our way. So five hours later, 8.15 am, we got back to Seattle, and yeah, that’s it, ha!
My fitness program is,
When I get old I want to,
Still be skating
I would NEVER,
Stop skateboarding before my body had enough and more, hopefully I will be skateboarding forever.
Where do you stand & please comment with skateboarding in the Olympics?
I used to hate it A LOT, I would even say that I wouldn’t support anyone I know if they would skate it. But I changed my mind, what an idiot I was! I mean, I don’t support the Olympics, it’s gonna happen anyways, but of course I would back my homies! I’m just gonna distance myself from the Olympics myself, keep doing what I’m doing, and let people who wanna do the Olympics, do them. Frankly, I don’t give a shit about it anymore, haha..
I would like to see more of,
– All my favorite skaters
That one time where I was in jail because of,
– I killed someone. Nah, never been to jail
I should do more of,
– Skateboarding and drawing
My future looks like,
– I don’t know, I take each day for each day. Life can change in two minutes.
I dream of,
– Moving to Seattle, get out of Norway.
The book I currently read is,
Primal Screamer, by Nick Blinko.
The best travel I have been on,
My trips to Seattle for sure.
On Netflix / YouTube I watch,
Trailer Park Boys, Sons of Anarchy, Misfits, skateboarding, documentaries and a bunch of other stuff.
If I could change the world I would,
– Make everyone happy, world peace, stop all the pollution and a lot more. We should take care of each other and our planet.
I will never get rid of,
– My skateboard(s).
I would love to be in a movie with,
– Al Pacino
Any regrets in life so far?
– I do, but at the same time not. There’s nothing I can do, and they all belong in the past. I’m all about focusing on what’s happening now.
I currently follow (social media, instagram twitter, Facebook)
– I’m using Instagram (@henrycalmeyer) and Snapchat mostly, but I’m on Facebook as well.
Random storys you wanna share ?